administer: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ad-min'u-stur), [key]
- to manage (affairs, a government, etc.); have executive charge of: to administer the law.
- to bring into use or operation: to administer justice; to administer last rites.
- to make application of; give: to administer medicine.
- to supervise the formal taking of (an oath or the like).
- to manage or dispose of, as a decedent's estate by an executor or administrator or a trust estate by a trustee.
- to contribute assistance; bring aid or supplies (usually fol. by to): to administer to the poor.
- to perform the duties of an administrator: She administers quite effectively.
- administer (Thesaurus)