Meaning of accommodate
Pronunciation: (u-kom'u-dāt"), [key]
— v., -dat•ed, -dat•ing.
- to do a kindness or a favor to; oblige; to accommodate a friend.
- to provide suitably; supply (usually fol. by with): to accommodate a friend with money.
- to lend money to: Can you accommodate him?
- to provide with a room and sometimes with food.
- to furnish with accommodations.
- to have or make room for: Will this elevator accommodate 10 people?
- to make suitable or consistent; adapt: to accommodate oneself to circumstances.
- to bring into harmony; adjust; reconcile: to accommodate differences.
- to become adjusted or adapted.
- to become reconciled; agree.
- accommodate (Thesaurus)