accelerate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ak-sel'u-rāt"), [key]
— v., -at•ed, -at•ing.
- to cause faster or greater activity, development, progress, advancement, etc., in: to accelerate economic growth.
- to hasten the occurrence of: to accelerate the fall of a government.
- to change the velocity of (a body) or the rate of (motion); cause to undergo acceleration.
- to reduce the time required for (a course of study) by intensifying the work, eliminating detail, etc.
- to move or go faster; increase in speed.
- to progress or develop faster.
- accelerate (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.