Movies and Film: Some Films on Directing
Some Films on Directing
Here is a list of films that treat the reality and the fantasy of directing:
- 81?2 (1963). Federico Fellini creates a film about a director who can't seem to get started on his ninth film.
- Living in Oblivion (1995). Everything goes wrong for the director, played by Steve Buscemi.
- The Stunt Man (1980). This film stars Peter O'Toole as a positively Mestiphophelean director.
- Day for Night (1973). Noted French film director Franois Truffaut directs this noted French film about a noted French film director (played by Franois Truffaut).
- Alex in Wonderland (1970). 81?2, American style.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Movies and Film 2001 by Mark Winokur and Bruce Holsinger. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order the e-book book direct from the publisher, visit the Penguin USA website. You can also purchase this book at Amazon.com.