Movies and Film: Some Films on Directing
Some Films on Directing
Here is a list of films that treat the reality and the fantasy of directing:
- 812 (1963). Federico Fellini creates a film about a director who can't seem to get started on his ninth film.
- Living in Oblivion (1995). Everything goes wrong for the director, played by Steve Buscemi.
- The Stunt Man (1980). This film stars Peter O'Toole as a positively Mestiphophelean director.
- Day for Night (1973). Noted French film director Franois Truffaut directs this noted French film about a noted French film director (played by Franois Truffaut).
- Alex in Wonderland (1970). 812, American style.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Movies and Film © 2001 by Mark Winokur and Bruce Holsinger. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order the e-book book direct from the publisher, visit the Penguin USA website. You can also purchase this book at Amazon.com.