Updated February 28, 2017 | Infoplease Staff
But enough of this financial talk... let's get to the commercials. Here is just a taste of what you can expect between the game-time whistles. If you like to be surprised, turn your head now.
- For fans of last year's Doritos commercial, in which model Ali Landry did backflips and splits while eating her 3D Doritos in a laundromat (and who doesn't, really?), you've got something to look forward to. Rumor has it the limber snack-eater will be back for more this year.
- Anheuser-Busch will be a major player in the Super Bowl ad game, dropping over $15 million on Fox for the chance to show five minutes of commercials, broken up into nine segments.
- You've probably seen those American Express ads showing Jerry Seinfeld removing his familiar green bicycle, packing up his puffy shirt and his Pez dispensers, and disassembling his made-for-television apartment. Those ads should make more sense somewhere in the third quarter when Seinfeld comes on to hype the company's Green Card.
- Actors Halle Berry and Patrick Warburton can be seen trying to eat a new "M&M Crispy."
- Volvo Truck will sponsor an ad in which one of their trucks rolls through a small town, only to be greeted by a majority of the townspeople rushing into the street, pumping their arms in an effort to make the driver blow the horn.
- Actor/comedian John Lovitz will initiate his long-awaited series for the Yellow Pages.
- Land Rover of North America will launch its 1999 Discovery Sport Utility Vehicle, a much bigger version of the 1998 model.
- WWF Wrestlers give a humorous tour of their headquarters in an ad for Titan Sports.
- Pepsi has purchased at least two ads thus far, one for Pepsi One with Cuba Gooding, Jr., and the other for Mountain Dew.
- New Line Cinema will hype its springtime release of Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me.
| Did you know? For more than a billion Muslims around the world, Ramadan is a "month of blessing" marked by prayer, fasting, and charity. |