Weight of Statue of Liberty
How much does the Statue of Liberty weigh?
Here are the numbers you are looking for regarding the Statue of Liberty (not including its base).
- Weight of copper used in statue: 100 tons
- Weight of steel used in statue: 125 tons
- Total weight used in statue: 225 tons
Here is how other famous U.S. landmarks and monuments weigh in:
- Tomb of the Unknown Soldier: 79 tons
- St. Louis Arch: 5,199 tons
- Hoover Dam: 6,600,000 tons
On a related note, here's a list of national monuments.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.