Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.
- Stay up-to-date on what's been going on in the world.
- The most sweltering days ever recorded There's a lot of talk about the record-setting temperatures of the past couple years, and how they relate to climate change.
- European languages are official in most African countries, due to their colonial history. When characters are shown speaking native African languages in Western media, it is almost always Swahili or a clicking language (like Xhosa). But, there are?
- North Korea may not be on the top of many travel wish lists. Accounts of human rights abuses have scared of all but the most adventurous travelers. Even in normal times, all travelers must be on guided tours with North Korean tour guides. But, there?
- The question "Is Mount Olympus Real" gets asked more often than you might think on the Internet. The root of this question is that, clearly, Mount Olympus is not the actual physical home of the gods. But it is certainly real, as are many other?
- Enduring Civilizations Over the past thousands of years, civilizations, empires, and countries have risen and fallen. Some of these have been erased from history leaving very little behind while others have shaped the world today in tremendous ways.