by Kelly Ann Buchanan
Solve our weekly interactive crossword puzzle!|
Click "Reveal" for the answer to an individual clue
Click "Check" to see if you've made any mistakes
Click "Solution" to reveal all the answers
Get help in the Crossword Puzzle GuideFind more crosswords in the Crossword ArchiveLearn the history of the crossword puzzle
Find a word using our Crossword Search
This week's theme: National Monuments
1. * State where the National Monument at #60A is located
6. ".eebsirF yalP" .A "?eebsirF yalp ro llab ___ ot referp uoy dluoW" .Q
14. * National Monument in Arizona where archaeological remains have been preserved
16. Sort of musical composition, minus the "de"
18. * With #49A
19. Self-governing (abbr. & bkwds.)
20. * The Statue of Liberty majestically stands by it, for short
22. * National Monument where giant reptiles once roamed
24. Member of the family, for short
27. Café Lait connecter
28. Garde's partner
29. TV drama
30. * Canyon de ___: National Monument where the Spider Woman lurks (According to Navajo legend, she keeps the bones of her victims at the top of the Spider Rock --an 800-foot tall rocky spire)
32. * Salinas ___ Missions: National Monument where communities once thrived over three centuries ago
36. * State (for short) where #51A is located
37. * El ___: National Monument which is often called Inscription Rock
40. Football cheer
41. * The final resting spots of many Miocene-era mammals can be found at this National Monument
46. Business name abbr.
47. * State where the National Monument of Alibates Flint Quarries is located (bkwds.)
48. "Thanks" in Britain
49. * National Monument in Arizona: ___ #18A Volcano
51. * National Monument at the birth site and childhood home of the famous African-American educator and leader for whom it honors: ____ T. Washington National Monument
55. In the direction of ...flipped around?
56. Memo word
58. World org.
59. * National Monument (in Florida) that served as an outpost of the Spanish Empire to defend the settlement of Saint Augustine: Castillo de ___ Marcos
60. * It is here near the Snake River where a 4,280-acre National Monument (that is of great interest to paleontologists) is located
64. The 19th letter of the Greek alphabet
67. * Q. "Is it Pulaski ___ Frederica that is the National Monument in Georgia?" A. "Both of them are National Monuments in Georgia."
69. Certain European ...but backwards?
73. Road covering
74. * National Monument in Montana: Little Bighorn ___ (Site of the June 25-26, 1876 clash between the 7th United States Cavalry and the Sioux and Cheyenne warriors who would defeat the forces of Colonel George Custer)
76. Prefix that means "Eye", without the "Oc"
77. Sort of chocolate
78. * Devils ___: Located in Wyoming, this National Monument was featured in the science-fiction movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" (1977)
1. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet ...but it's backwards?
2. Stuff for Shaping, minus the "Play-"
3. "Take on Me" group
4. Orchestra instrument
6. (VT) "gerG & _-_-_-A-H-D"
7. "Joe Dirt" (2001) name
8. Form of protest
9. Sign of things to come
10. Root vegetable
11. * National Monument which looks like a giant amphitheater made from rock
12. retcennoc srehtO oD
13. * National Monument in California, with Woods
15. * esuoH htiw ,odaroloC ni tnemunoM lanoitaN
21. Set down ...but backwards?
24. * State where the Congaree Swamp National Monument is located, for short
26. * An underground stream flows through this National Monument (bkwds.)
31. Back muscle, for short
32. Secret, minus the "vate"
33. olletsoC .rM
35. "I sees!"
37. Mystify, minus the "Flum"
38. Suffix that means "Full of"
39. Break open, without the "Bu"
41. Three-toed sloths
42. Kind of antelope
43. Compass point
44. Cosby Character, with Albert
45. The Guess Who spin-off gr.
50. Jeanne d'Arc, e.g.
51. * National Monument in Wyoming, with Fossil
52. * Trip Talk: "My family is going ___ trip to see the National Monuments of Arizona ...and yours isn't --ha, ha!"
53. Per item (abbr.)
54. Hosp. employee
56. Q. "Where's that ___ put on the roof of our car before departing on this camping trip?" A. "It must have fallen off a few miles back."
57. * Material of Many Monuments (bkwds.)
60. * State where the National Monument known as Natural Bridges is located (bkwds.)
61. * sdeB htiw ,ainrofilaC ni tnemunoM lanoitaN
62. Lowe and Reiner
63. Not c-c-c-cold ...but backwards?
65. Freshwater mussel
68. Rolls up, without the "Fu"
70. * Where the Aztec Ruins National Monument is located, with Mexico
71. Island: French
72. Presidential monogram
75. Unit of length (abbr.)
Copyright © Kelly Ann Buchanan. Web page created by Crossword Compiler.