You are correct!
From our dictionary:
October 12 Word Quiz |
October 14 Word Quiz
Pronunciation: (prO-bos'is, -kis), [key]
—pl. -bos•cis•es, -bos•ci•desPronunciation: (-bos'i-dEz")
1. the trunk of an elephant.
2. any long flexible snout, as of the tapir.
3. Also called beak. the elongate, protruding mouth parts of certain insects, adapted for sucking or piercing.
4. any of various elongate feeding, defensive, or sensory organs of the oral region, as in certain leeches and worms.
5. Facetious.the human nose, esp. when unusually long or prominent.
Fact Monster Word Quiz for Kids