Leon Spinks Born: July 11, 1953
won heavyweight crown in split decision over Muhammad Ali in Feb. 1978; Ali regained title seven months later; won gold medal in light heavyweight division at 1976 Olympics; brother Michael won the heavyweight title in 1983; were the only brothers to hold world titles; known more for frequent traffic violations and lavish lifestyle than bouts late in career; filed for bankruptcy in 1986.
More on Leon Spinks from Infoplease:
- Sam Solomon - Sam Solomon Age: 83 trained some of boxing's top heavyweights, including Muhammad Ali, Leon ...
- Muhammad Ali Timeline - Major events in Ali's life
- Muhammad Ali - Biography of Muhammad Ali, Heavyweight boxing champ called "The Greatest"
- St. Louis, Mo. - Information on St. Louis, Mo. — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- Future World Heavyweight Champions - Future World Heavyweight Champions Seven Olympic gold medal winners eventually went on to win the ...