Harold S. VanderbiltBorn: July 6, 1884
successfully defended America's Cup 3 times (1930, 34,37); also invented contract bridge in 1926.Died: July 4, 1970
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Harold S Vanderbilt from Infoplease:
- Vanderbilt: meaning and definitions - Vanderbilt: Definition and Pronunciation
- Cornelius Vanderbilt - Vanderbilt, Cornelius Vanderbilt, Cornelius, 1794–1877, American railroad magnate, b. Staten ...
- Cornelius Vanderbilt - Cornelius Vanderbilt industrialist, financier Born: 5/27/1794 Birthplace: Port Richmond, N.Y. ...
- bridge, card game: History - History Bridge probably originated in the Middle East in the 19th cent. Auction bridge, one form of ...
- America's Cup Record - America's Cup Record First race in 1851 around Isle of Wight, Cowes, England. First defense and ...