Arantxa Sanchez VicarioBorn: Dec. 18, 1971
Spanish tennis player
won 29 tour singles titles including 3 French Opens (1989,94,98) and 1 U.S. Open (1994); 6 doubles and 4 mixed doubles grand slam titles; finalist in three of four Grand Slam finals in '95; teamed with Conchita Martinez to win 5 Federation Cups from 1991-98.
More on Arantxa Sanchez Vicario from Infoplease:
- Arantxa Sanchez Vicario - Biography of Arantxa Sanchez Vicario, 1995 ranked no. 1 in women's tennis by the WTA
- Steffi Graf - Biography of Steffi Graf, 1988 Grand Slam winner
- December 18 Birthdays: Steven Spielberg - December 18 birthdays: Steven Spielberg, Fletcher Henderson, Ramsey Clark, Benjamin O. Davis, Jr., Edwin Armstrong, DMX, Willy Brandt, Christina Aguilera, Katie Holmes, Arantxa Sanchez Vicario, Ray Liotta, Ossie Davis, Keith Richards, Betty Grable, Brad Pitt, Paul Klee, Ty Cobb
- Tennis - Tennis Men Singles: Andre Agassi, USA, def. Sergi Bruguera, SPA, 6-2, 6-3, 6-1. Leander Paes, IND ...
- Women - Women Singles: 1. Lindsay Davenport, USA, def, 2. Arantxa Sanchez Vicario, SPA 7-6 (8-6), 6-2; 3. ...