Richard PettyBorn: July 2, 1937
7-time winner of Daytona 500; 7-time NASCAR national champ (1964,67,71-72,74-75,79); first stock car driver to win $1 million in career; all-time NASCAR leader in races won (200), poles (127) and wins in a single season (27 in 1967); retired after 1992 season; son of Lee (55 career wins), father of Kyle (8 career wins), grandfather of Adam; nicknamed “The King”.
More on Richard Petty from Infoplease:
- Richard Petty - Biography of Richard Petty, Seven-time winner of the Daytona 500
- Richard Petty - Petty, Richard Petty, Richard, 1937–, American auto racing driver, b. Level Cross, N.C. The ...
- petty: meaning and definitions - petty: Definition and Pronunciation
- Jeff Gordon - Gordon, Jeff Gordon, Jeff, 1971–, American auto racer, b. Vallejo, Calif. The National ...
- Dale Earnhardt - Earnhardt, Dale Earnhardt, Dale (Ralph Dale Earnhardt, Sr.), 1951–2001, American auto racing ...