Arnold PalmerBorn: Sept. 10, 1929
winner of 4 Masters, 2 British Opens and a U.S. Open; 2-time PGA Player of Year (1960,62); 1st player to earn over $1 million in career (1968); annual PGA Tour money leader award named after him; 60 wins on PGA Tour and 10 more on Senior Tour; made 48 consecutive Masters starts.
More on Arnold Palmer from Infoplease:
- palmer: meaning and definitions - palmer: Definition and Pronunciation
- Arnold Palmer - Palmer, Arnold Palmer, Arnold, 1929–, American golfer, b. Latrobe, Pa. The son of a ...
- bogey: meaning and definitions - bogey: Definition and Pronunciation
- Jack William Nicklaus - Nicklaus, Jack William Nicklaus, Jack William, 1940–, American golfer, b. Columbus, Ohio. He ...
- Sam Snead - Snead, Sam Snead, Sam (Samuel Jackson Snead), 1912–2002, American golfer, b. Ashwood, Va. An ...