Sandy KoufaxBorn: Dec. 30, 1935
led NL in strikeouts 4 times and ERA 5 straight years; won 3 Cy Young Awards (1963,65,66) with LA Dodgers; MVP in 1963; 2-time World Series MVP (1963, 65); threw perfect game against Chicago Cubs (1-0, Sept. 9, 1965) and had 3 other no-hitters, 40 shutouts and 137 complete games in a career that ended prematurely due to an arm injury.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Sandy Koufax from Infoplease:
- Koufax: meaning and definitions - Koufax: Definition and Pronunciation
- Sandy Koufax - Koufax, Sandy Koufax, Sandy (Sanford Koufax), 1935–, American baseball player, b. New York ...
- Greg Maddux - Maddux, Greg Maddux, Greg (Gregory Alan Maddux), 1966–, American baseball player, b. San ...
- Phil Collier - Phil Collier Age: 75 San Diego-area baseball reporter for almost 40 years; inducted into the ...
- December 30 Birthdays: Rudyard Kipling - December 30 birthdays: Rudyard Kipling, Bo Diddley, Jack Lord, Alfred E. Smith, Ryan Sheckler, Eliza Dushku, Bennett Miller, Jeff Lynne, Sandy Koufax, Tiger Woods, John Milne, Paul Bowles, Tracey Ullman, Titus