Jack JohnsonBorn: Mar. 31, 1878
controversial heavyweight champion (1908-15) and 1st black to hold title; defeated Tommy Burns for crown at age 30; fled to Europe in 1913 after Mann Act conviction; lost title to Jess Willard in Havana, but claimed to have taken a dive; pro record 78-8-12 with 45 KOs.Died: June 10, 1946
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Jack Johnson from Infoplease:
- Jack Johnson - Johnson, Jack Johnson, Jack (John Arthur Johnson), 1878–1946, American boxer, b. Galveston, ...
- Johnson: meaning and definitions - Johnson: Definition and Pronunciation
- James J. Jeffries - Jeffries, James J. Jeffries, James J., 1875–1953, American boxer, b. Carroll, Fairfield co., ...
- 2006 Brit Awards - 2006 Brit Awards winners from Outstanding Contribution To Music to British Live Act.
- Top 10 Selling Albums, 2008 - See a quick list of the top-selling albums during 2008.