Jennifer CapriatiBorn: Mar. 29, 1976
youngest Grand Slam semifinalist ever (age 14 in 1990 French Open); surprise gold medal winner at 1992 Olympics; left tour from 1994 to '96 due to personal problems including an arrest for marijuana possession; surprised many with comeback, winning French Open (2001) and 2 Australian Opens (2001,02).
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Jennifer Capriati from Infoplease:
- Jennifer Capriati, - Jennifer Capriati, the fallen tennis star resurrected her career, winning two of the four Grand ...
- Jennifer Capriati - Biography of Jennifer Capriati, The comeback kid who won the Australian Open in 2001 and 2002
- Year in Review 2001 | Sports Personalities - People in sports 2001
- 2001 People in the News - 2001 People in the News Danny Almonte, Jessie Arbogast, 8, Lord Jeffrey Archer, Lori Berenson, 31, ...
- Serena Williams - Biography of Serena Williams, The younger half of the tennis-playing Williams sisters