Birthplace: Toledo, Ohio
Having launched her career with a role in the critically acclaimed film The Ice Storm (1997), she quickly leveraged this success to win a part in the teen drama Dawson's Creek (1998). She continues to be busy, with roles in Go (1998), Disturbing Behavior (1998), Wonder Boys (2000) and The Gift (2000). She played April in the Sundance Film Festival hit Pieces of April (2003). She is currently involved with Tom Cruise.
More on Katie Holmes from Infoplease:
- Katie Holmes - Biography of Katie Holmes, The Dawson's Creek actress who married and divorced Tom Cruise
- Teaching Mrs.Tingle - Teaching Mrs.Tingle Director/Writer: Kevin Williamson Dimension Films; PG-13; 93 minutes Release: ...
- Go - Go Director: Doug Liman Writer: John August Columbia; R; 100 minutes Release: 4/99 Cast: Sarah ...
- Wonder Boys - Wonder Boys Director: Curtis Hanson Writer: Steve Kloves Paramount Pictures; R; 112 minutes ...
- Annie Leibovitz - Biography of Annie Leibovitz, Portrait photographer for Rolling Stone and Vanity Fair