Burt Bacharachcomposer, songwriter
Birthplace: Kansas City, Missouri
Beginning in the late 1950s he gained acclaim for his scores and songs for films, including What's New Pussycat (1965), Alfie (1966), Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969), and Arthur (1981). He won an Academy Award for Best Score and Best Song for Butch Cassidy, which featured the catchy “Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head”. He was married to actress Angie Dickinson (1966–80).
More on Burt Bacharach from Infoplease:
- Bacharach: meaning and definitions - Bacharach: Definition and Pronunciation
- Burt Bacharach - Bacharach, Burt Bacharach, Burt , 1929–, American composer, arranger, and conductor, b. ...
- Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery - Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery Director: Jay Roach Writer: Mike Myers Director of ...
- Elvis Costello - Biography of Elvis Costello, The guy who did "Watching the Detectives" and "Radio, Radio"
- Angie Dickinson - Biography of Angie Dickinson, Star of the TV show Police Woman