Jean Anouilhplaywright, screenwriter, director
Birthplace: Bordeaux, France
His works, which include Le Voyageur sans Baggage (1938), Antigone (1946), and Beckett (1959), often contrast fantasy with harsh reality. A leading French dramatist of the post-war era, he also adapted several of his plays, such as Pattes Blanches (1949) and Caroline Cherie (1954), for film.Died: 10/3/1987
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Jean Anouilh from Infoplease:
- Anouilh: meaning and definitions - Anouilh: Definition and Pronunciation
- Jean Anouilh - Anouilh, Jean Anouilh, Jean , 1910–87, French dramatist. Anouilh's many popular plays ...
- June 23 Birthdays: Jean Anouilh - June 23 birthdays: Jean Anouilh , Wilma Rudolph, Alan Turing, Frances McDormand, James Levine, Edward VIII, Clarence Thomas
- Saint Thomas à Becket: Bibliography - Bibliography T. S. Eliot's Murder in the Cathedral is a poetic dramatization of St. ...
- 1961 Tony Awards - 1961 Tony Awards Play Becket, Jean Anouilh Musical Bye, Bye Birdie Actor—Play Zero Mostel, ...