Birthplace: Knoxville, Tennessee
Brilliant and versatile, he wrote the text for Let Us Now Praise Famous Men (1941), which, with photographs by Walker Evans, details the lives of Depression-era sharecroppers. He also wrote the screenplays The African Queen (1951) and Night of the Hunter (1955) and the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel A Death in the Family (1957), as well as poetry and film criticism.Died: 5/16/1955
More on James Agee from Infoplease:
- agee: meaning and definitions - agee: Definition and Pronunciation
- James Agee - Agee, James Agee, James , 1909–55, American writer, b. Knoxville, Tenn., grad. Harvard, 1932. ...
- Walker Evans - Evans, Walker Evans, Walker, 1903–75, American photographer, b. St. Louis. Evans began his ...
- Samuel Barber - Barber, Samuel Barber, Samuel, 1910–81, American composer, b. West Chester, Pa. Barber ...
- Rick James - Rick James Age: 56 musician who pioneered the “punk-funk” style of the late 1970s and ...