|Director:|| Andy Wilson|
|Writer:|| Mark Haskell Smith|
|Director of Photography:||Anthony B. Richmond|
|Production Designer:||Naomi Shohan|
|Producers:||Marc Abraham and Laura Bickford|
|Touchstone; R; 93 minutes|
|Cast:||David Duchovny, Timothy Hutton, Angelina Jolie, Michael Massee and Peter Stormare|
Stylish and not the worst Pulp Fiction wannabe, Playing God loses some of its bite with its excesses. There's too much attitude, way too much blood and no middle ground. The characters either freak out (Hutton) or sleepwalk (Duchovny) through the film. Junkie doctor Eugene Sands (Duchovny) loses his medical license when he botches a surgery while high on synthetic heroin. While making a buy at a drug club, the down-and-out doc comes to the rescue when a dealer is shot. Sands's quick thinking gets him a job as Dr. Fix-Me-Up to kingpin Raymond Blossom (Hutton) and his henchmen. Sands becomes entranced with Blossom's gangster lifestyle and his moll (Jolie). The FBI steps in and tries to strong-arm Sands into turning on Blossom.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Playing God from Infoplease:
- Should We Play God? - Should We Play God? Because the same procedure used to make a carbon copy of the sheep is also ...
- Playing to the Gods - Playing to the Gods Degrading one's vocation ad captanduin vulgus. The gods, in theatrical ...
- Cloning: Facts and Fallacies - Cloning: Facts and Fallacies Tinkering with Mother Nature Should We Play God? Clones Aren't ...
- The Sacco-Vanzetti Case - The Sacco-Vanzetti Case What does the evidence say? A poster by artist Ben Shan in the Library of ...
- Sholem Asch - Asch, Sholem or Shalom Asch, Sholem or Shalom , 1880–1957, Jewish novelist and playwright, b. ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring