My Fellow Americans
|Director:|| Peter Segal|
|Writers:|| E. Jack Kaplan, Richard Chapman and Peter Tolan|
|Director of Photography:|| Julio Macat|
|Editor:|| William Kerr|
|Music:|| William Ross|
|Production Designer:|| James Bissell|
|Warner Bros.; PG-13; 101 minutes|
|Cast:|| Jack Lemmon, James Garner, Dan Aykroyd, John Heard and Everett McGill|
One for the Geritol crowd, My Fellow Americans relies on geriatric zingers to keep a dull script moving. The enthusiastic performances of Lemmon and Garner inject zest into the political farce, making the film a somewhat enjoyable road trip. The entire premise reminds us of how much faith we've lost in the White House, as if anyone needs reminding. With a scandal brewing in the White House, President William Haney (Aykroyd) plans to implicate his two predecessors, Republican Russell P. Kramer (Lemmon) and his Democratic rival Matthew Douglas (Garner). But Haney wants them dead so they can't expose him. Haney tries to hasten their demise by staging a plane crash. Kramer and Douglas barely escape and begin a journey through the heartland dodging Haney's operatives and each other's barbs. While on the lam, the carping former chief executives rely on the commonplace citizens they ignored while in office.
My Fellow Americans
More on My Fellow Americans from Infoplease:
- Harry Truman's Farewell Address - Harry Truman's Farewell Address Given on Thursday, January 19, 1953 Good Evening, My Fellow ...
- Bill Clinton - Collected Inaugural Addresses of U.S. Presidents 51 - George Bush Bill Clinton - 53 Bill Clinton ...
- William Clinton's Inaugural Address - William Clinton's Inaugural Address Given on January 20, 1993 My fellow citizens, today we ...
- Important Speeches in U.S. History - Important Speeches in U.S. History Here are some important speeches that influenced the course of ...
- Bill Clinton - Collected Inaugural Addresses of U.S. Presidents 52 - Bill Clinton George W. Bush - 54 Bill Clinton ...