The First Wives Club
|Director of Photography:||Donald Thorin|
|Production Designer:||Peter Larkin|
|Paramount; PG; 105 minutes|
|Cast:||Bette Midler, Goldie Hawn, Diane Keaton, Dan Hedaya, Stockard Channing, James Naughton, Heather Locklear, Sarah Jessica Parker, Stephen Collins, Marcia Gay Harden, Maggie Smith, Victor Garber, Elizabeth Berkley, Bronson Pinchot and Jennifer Dundas|
|Based on the novel by Olivia Goldsmith|
It's a sappy guilty pleasure, but what fun it is. Three friends from college, Brenda (Midler), Elise (Hawn) and Annie (Keaton), reunite at another friend's (Channing) funeral (Cynthia committed suicide after her husband dumped her for a younger woman) and commiserate about their sleazy ex-husbands who have turned in their middle-aged spouses for young trophy wives. The men don't get off that easily, however, as the crafty women plot their revenge. Stinging one-liners abound and quality writing prevents this from descending to mere male bashing.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on First Wives Club from Infoplease:
- First Wives Club - Starring Bette Midler, Goldie Hawn, Diane Keaton, Maggie Smith, Sarah Jessica Parker
- 1996 National Board of Review Awards - 1996 National Board of Review Awards The National Board of Review includes teachers, actors, ...
- Goldie Hawn - Biography of Goldie Hawn, The star of the movie Private Benjamin
- Olivia Goldsmith - Olivia Goldsmith Age: 54 writer whose satirical debut novel, The First Wives Club, about three ...
- Diane Keaton - Biography of Diane Keaton, Woody Allen's co-star in Annie Hall