Akira Kurosawadirector, writer, producer
Birthplace: Toyko, Japan
Academy Award-winning Japanese film director, writer and producer responsible for bringing Japanese film to the West. His films include Rashomon (1950), The Seven Samurai (1954), which saw several Western imitations, and the Shakespeare adaptations Ran (King Lear) (1986) and Throne of Blood (Macbeth) (1957).Died: 9/6/1998
More on Akira Kurosawa from Infoplease:
- Akira Kurosawa - Infoplease Memorial: Akira Kurosawa 1910—1998, Japanese film director, scriptwriter, and ...
- Kurosawa: meaning and definitions - Kurosawa: Definition and Pronunciation
- Akira Kurosawa - Kurosawa, Akira Kurosawa, Akira , 1910–98, Japanese film director, scriptwriter, and ...
- Akira Kurosawa - Biography of Akira Kurosawa, Legendary Japanese movie director
- Akira Kurosawa - Akira Kurosawa Age: 88 world-renowned Japanese director whose acclaimed films included Rashomon ...