Raymond Davis, Jr.Age: 91
chemist who shared the Nobel Prize in Physics in 2002 for the detection of cosmic neutrinos—tiny particles that are created by nuclear reactions on the Sun. Died: Blue Point, N.Y., May 31, 2006
More on Raymond Davis Jr from Infoplease:
- Enrico Fermi Award - Enrico Fermi Award The $100,000 award is given in recognition of scientific and technical ...
- 2002 Nobel Prize Winners - 2002 Nobel Prize Winners Peace: Jimmy Carter, former president of the United States, was cited for ...
- Top News Stories from 2002 - News stories covering international, U.S., science, financial, entertainment & sports events from 2002. Includes basic U.S., world & economic statistics and links to detailed statistical data
- Nobel Prize for Physics - Below find every winner of the Nobel Prize in Physics, from 1901 through this year's winners
- Nobel Prizes (table) - Nobel Prizes Year Peace Chemistry Physics Physiology or Medicine Literature 1901 J. H. Dunant ...