Claude SimonAge: 91
Nobel Prize–winning French novelist who was a leader of the nouveau roman (new novel) movement. His challenging books, which include La Route de Flandres (The Flanders Road), shunned convention, lacking plot and punctuation. Died: Paris, July 6, 2005
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Claude Simon from Infoplease:
- Simon: meaning and definitions - Simon: Definition and Pronunciation
- Claude Eugène Henri Simon - Simon, Claude Eugène Henri Simon, Claude Eugène Henri, 1913–2005, French ...
- Top News Stories from 1985 - News stories covering international, U.S., science, financial, entertainment & sports events from 1985. Includes basic U.S., world & economic statistics and links to detailed statistical data
- Nobel Prize for Literature - Nobel Prize for Literature The Nobel Prize for Literature, one of the six international awards ...
- Nobel Prizes (table) - Nobel Prizes Year Peace Chemistry Physics Physiology or Medicine Literature 1901 J. H. Dunant ...