Seasons for the Northern Hemisphere, 2005
- Spring Equinox: Mar. 20, 7:34 A.M. EST (12:33 UT1), Sun enters sign of Aries; spring begins.
- Summer Solstice: June 21, 2:46 A.M. EDT (06:46 UT1), Sun enters sign of Cancer; summer begins.
- Autumnal Equinox: Sept. 22, 6:23 P.M. EDT (22:23 UT1), Sun enters sign of Libra; fall begins.
- Winter Solstice: Dec. 21, 1:35 P.M. EST (18:35 UT1), Sun enters sign of Capricorn; winter begins.
1. Universal Time (UT), also known as Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). See
Astronomy for a conversion table
of Universal Time.
More on Seasons for the Northern Hemisphere 2005 from Infoplease:
- Year in Review 2004 - '04 Year in Review Presidential Elections Athens Summer Games Conflict in Iraq Election history ...
- Year in Review, 2005 - An overview of national and international events, people in the news, timelines, and quizzes