Howard FastAge: 88
prolific writer whose historical novels often involved themes of social justice and rebellion. A member of the Communist Party, he was jailed and blacklisted in 1950 for refusing to cooperate with the House Committee on Un-American Activities. He drew on the experiences in his book Spartacus, which became an Oscar-winning film. His other books include Citizen Tom Payne, Freedom Road, and his memoir, Being Red. Died: Old Greenwich, Conn., March 12, 2003
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Howard Fast from Infoplease:
- Howard Fast - Fast, Howard Fast, Howard, 1914–2003, American author, b. New York City. A prolific writer, ...
- Conan the Destroyer - Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Wilt Chamberlain, Grace Jones
- American Revolution: Bibliography - Bibliography The stirring events of the country's birth have been often represented in U.S. ...
- 1974–1975 Emmy Awards - 1974–1975 Emmy Awards Outstanding Drama Series Masterpiece Theatre: Upstairs, Downstairs ...
- November 11 Birthdays: Feodor Dostoyevsky - November 11 birthdays: Feodor Dostoyevsky, Kurt Vonnegut Jr., Leonardo DiCaprio, Maude Adams, Calista Flockhart, Carlos Fuentes, Howard Fast, George Patton, LaVern Baker