Yves Saint Laurent,
premier French fashion designer, announced his retirement in January, ending a 40-plus-year career as a trendsetting couturier. Saint Laurent introduced the chic beatnik look of the 1960s and popularized thigh-high boots, skin-tight trousers, and the sophisticated tweed suit.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Yves Saint Laurent from Infoplease:
- St. Laurent: meaning and definitions - St. Laurent: Definition and Pronunciation
- Yves Saint-Laurent - Biography of Yves Saint-Laurent, Deathplace: Paris, France
- Yves Saint Laurent - Saint Laurent, Yves Saint Laurent, Yves , 1936–2008, French fashion designer, b. Oran, ...
- Yves Saint Laurent - His Life and Times - Synopsis, rating, and other information
- Yves Saint Laurent 5 avenue Marceau 75116 Paris - Starring Pierre Bergé, Catherine Deneuve, Yves Saint-Laurent