Pierre TrudeauAge: 80
charismatic Canadian lawyer and politician who served as prime minister from 1968 to 1979 and again from 1980 to 1984. Known for his liberal views, Trudeau established parliamentary independence from England, recognized the People's Republic of China, helped defeat Quebec's separatist movement, and oversaw the drafting of a new constitution that included the country's first bill of rights. Died: Montreal, Sept. 28, 2000
More on Pierre Trudeau from Infoplease:
- Trudeau: meaning and definitions - Trudeau: Definition and Pronunciation
- Pierre Trudeau - Biography of Pierre Trudeau, Prime minister of Canada, 1968-84
- Canada - Information on Canada — map of Canada, flag of Canada, geography, history, politics, government, economy, population, culture, religion, languages, largest cities
- John Napier Turner - Turner, John Napier Turner, John Napier, 1929–, Canadian prime minister (1984). Born in ...
- Sir John A. Macdonald - Biography of Sir John A. Macdonald, Prime Minister of Canada 1867-73 and 1878-91