Richard B. Cheney,
former congressman and oil services company executive, was plucked from his lucrative post as CEO of Halliburton Co. in July to become Gov. George W. Bush's running mate. A staunch conservative who voted against the Equal Rights Amendment, a seven-day waiting period for handgun purchases, and sanctions on South Africa's apartheid government, Cheney brings to the ticket a strong background in foreign-policy issues.
More on Richard B Cheney from Infoplease:
- Craig Lyle THOMAS - Craig Lyle THOMAS (1933-2007) Senate Years of Service: 1995-2007 Party: Republican THOMAS, Craig ...
- Presidential Election of 2004, Electoral and Popular Vote Summary - Presidential Election of 2004, Electoral and Popular Vote Summary This table provides information ...
- Nebraska - Information on Nebraska — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- Presidential Election of 2000, Electoral and Popular Vote Summary - Presidential Election of 2000, Electoral and Popular Vote Summary This table provides information ...
- Vice Presidents - Get info about vice presidents from John Adams to Joe Biden.