2000 MacArthur Foundation Awards
The MacArthur Foundation awards monetary prizes each year in order to provide financial assistance for selected innovators.
- Susan Alcock, 39, associate professor of classical archaeology and classics; Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Christopher Beard, 38, associate curator, vertebrate paleontology; Mars, Pa.
- Lucy Blake, 40, president, Sierra Business Council; Sierraville, Calif.
- Anne Carson, 49, history professor; Berkeley, Calif. and Montreal
- Peter Hayes, 47, executive director, Nautilus Institute for Security and Sustainable Development; Berkeley, Calif.
- David Isay, 34, radio producer; New York
- Alfredo Jaar, 44, artist; New York
- Ben Katchor, 48, cartoonist; New York
- Hideo Mabuchi, 28, assistant professor of physics; Pasadena, Calif.
- Susan Marshall, 41, artistic director and choreographer; New York
- Samuel Mockbee, 55, professor of architecture; Canton, Miss.
- Cecilia Munoz, 37, vice president, National Council of La Raza; Silver Spring, Md.
- Margaret Murnane, 41, professor of physics; Boulder, Colo.
- Laura Otis, 38, associate professor of English; Port Washington, N.Y.
- Lucia Perillo, 41, associate professor of creative writing; Carbondale, Ill.
- Matthew Rabin, 36, professor of economics; San Francisco
- Carl Safina, 45, vice president, marine conservation, National Audubon Society; Islip, N.Y.
- Daniel Schrag, 34, professor of geochemistry; Cambridge, Mass.
- Susan Sygall, 47, executive director, Mobility International USA; Eugene, Ore.
- Gina Turrigiano, 37, assistant professor of biology; Acton, Mass.
- Gary Urton, 53, professor of anthropology; Earlville, N.Y.
- Patricia J. Williams, 48, law professor; New York
- Deborah Willis, 52, curator of exhibitions; Washington
- Erik Winfree, 30, assistant professor of computer science; Pasadena, Calif.
- Horng-Tzer Yau, 55, professor of mathematics; New York