35, and Eduardo Sanchez, 30, filmmakers, directed and wrote the most profitable film of all time, The Blair Witch Project. The film cost $35,000 to make and has grossed more than $120 million. The success of the film is widely credited to an innovative—and ingenious—marketing plan, which included a Web site that blurred the line between fact and fiction, a recurring special on the Sci Fi Channel, and unprecedented word-of-mouth buzz.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Daniel Myrick from Infoplease:
- The Blair Witch Project - The Blair Witch Project Directors/Writers: Daniel Myrick and Eduardo Sanchez Artisian ...
- The Objective - Starring Jonas Ball, Matthew R. Anderson, Kenny Taylor, Michael C. Williams, Jeff Prewett
- The Blair Witch Project - Starring Heather Donahue, Michael Williams, Joshua Leonard, Bob Griffith, Jim King
- 1999 Independent Spirit Awards - 1999 Independent Spirit Awards The 15th Independent Spirit Awards, honoring excellence in ...
- Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 - Starring Tristen Skyler, Stephen Barker Turner, Jeffrey Donovan, Kim Director, Erica Leerhsen