There are many things you can do to help save the environment. You can begin by reading the books and pamphlets in your school or public library. Below is a list of some of the most active environmental organizations.
Better World Society
1100 17th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
Funds TV programs about environmental issues and human rights.
The Cousteau Society
870 Greenbriar Circle
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Educates the public about natural ecosystems.
3 Clock Tower Place, Suite 100
Maynard, MA 01754
Promotes the conservation of our natural resources and cultural heritage through research, education, and conservation.
Environmental Defense Fund
1875 Connecticut Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20009
Works to protect clean air, water, and human health. Educates people on endangered species, rainforests, and recycling.
Friends of the Earth
1025 Vermont Ave., NW, Suite 300
Washington, DC 20005
To defend the environment and champion a healthy and just world.
1436 U St. NW
Washington, DC 20009
Works to preserve the earth and the life it supports. It has almost 2 million supporters.
Keep American Beautiful, Inc.
1010 Washington Boulevard
Stamford, CT 06901
To engage individuals to take greater responsibility for improving their community environments.
National Audubon Society
New York, NY 10003
Tells people how to use wildlife, land, water, and other natural resources intelligently.
The National Environmental Trust
1200 18th Street, N.W., Fifth Floor
Washington, D.C. 20036
Informs citizens about environmental problems such as global warming, ocean conservation, energy, and clean air.
National Wildlife Federation
8925 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, VA 22184
Works to protect nature and wildlife.
Natural Resources Defense Council
40 West 20th Street
New York, NY 10011
An influential lobbying and litigating group on environmental issues.
The Nature Conservancy
4245 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 100
Arlington, VA 22203-1606
Works to preserve plants and animals by protecting the lands and waters they need to survive.
65 Bleecker Street
New York, NY 10012
Works to save tropical rain forests worldwide.
The Sierra Club
85 Second Street, Second Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105-3441
Works to preserve national parks and wilderness areas.
Trees for Life
3006 W. St. Louis
Wichita, KS 67203
Helps people in the developing countries plant and care for food-bearing trees.
World Wildlife Fund
1250 24th Street NW
Washington, DC 20037
Dedicated to protecting the world's wildlife and wildlands.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Environmental Organizations from Infoplease:
- environmentalism: Environmental Organizations and Conferences - Environmental Organizations and Conferences Several environmental organizations, among them the ...
- Environment and Nature - Find resources, statistics, and facts about the environment, energy production, energy use, energy consumption, sources of energy, nature, air pollutants, global warming, the greenhouse effect, animals, plants, endangered species, conservation, nature, and more
- National Audubon Society - Audubon Society, National Audubon Society, National, one of the oldest and best-known U.S. ...
- Bob Hunter - Bob Hunter Age: 63 Canadian journalist who in 1971 founded Greenpeace, an international ...
- Top Ten Greenest Colleges in the U.S., 2009 - Top Ten Greenest Colleges in the U.S., 2009 The Sierra Club selected the top ten most ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring