Louis PasteurBorn: 1822
Birthplace: Dôle, France
Brewing beer and ale—Pasteur formulated the fundamental tenets of the germ theory of fermentation and of diseases which led to his pasteurization process of sterilization. He is also known for his pioneer work with vaccines, notably against anthrax and rabies. (1978)Died: 1895
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Louis Pasteur from Infoplease:
- Pasteur: meaning and definitions - Pasteur: Definition and Pronunciation
- Louis Pasteur - Pasteur, Louis Pasteur, Louis , 1822–95, French chemist. He taught at Dijon, Strasbourg, and ...
- Louis Pasteur - Biography of Louis Pasteur, Renowned inventor of pasteurization
- December 27 Birthdays: Louis Pasteur - December 27 birthdays: Louis Pasteur, Sydney Greenstreet, Gerard Depardieu, Sir George Cayley, Johannes Kepler, Marlene Dietrich
- 1800–1899 (A.D.) World History - 1800–1899 (A.D.) World History War of 1812 The Civil War Spanish-American War ...