Heinrich Rohrer Born: 1933
Birthplace: Bucs, Switzerland
Scanning tunneling microscope—Binnig and Rohrer's microscope can trace details smaller than a single atom and has provided views of the atomic structure of atoms, the interaction of chemical catalysts, and views of microbe enviral interaction. (1994)
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Heinrich Rohrer from Infoplease:
- Heinrich Rohrer - Rohrer, Heinrich Rohrer, Heinrich, 1933–, Swiss physicist, Ph.D. Swiss Federal Institute of ...
- Ernst Ruska - Ruska, Ernst Ruska, Ernst, 1906–88, German electrical engineer. By applying the discovery ...
- Gerd Binnig - Binnig, Gerd Binnig, Gerd , 1947–, German physicist, Ph.D. Univ. of Frankfurt, 1978. At the ...
- scanning tunneling microscope - scanning tunneling microscope scanning tunneling microscope, device for studying and imaging ...
- Top News Stories from 1986 - News stories covering international, U.S., science, financial, entertainment & sports events from 1986. Includes basic U.S., world & economic statistics and links to detailed statistical data