Edwin Armstrong Born: 1890
Birthplace: New York City
Method of receiving high frequency oscillations—Armstrong devised wide-band frequency modulation (FM radio) as a means of reducing background static. He also invented the regenerative circuit, the superheterodyne, and the super-regenerative circuit. (1980)Died: 1954
More on Edwin Armstrong from Infoplease:
- Armstrong: meaning and definitions - Armstrong: Definition and Pronunciation
- Edwin Howard Armstrong - Armstrong, Edwin Howard Armstrong, Edwin Howard, 1890–1954, American engineer and radio ...
- Top News Stories from 1933 - News stories covering international, U.S., science, financial, entertainment & sports events from 1933. Includes basic U.S., world & economic statistics and links to detailed statistical data
- December 18 Birthdays: Steven Spielberg - December 18 birthdays: Steven Spielberg, Fletcher Henderson, Ramsey Clark, Benjamin O. Davis, Jr., Edwin Armstrong, DMX, Willy Brandt, Christina Aguilera, Katie Holmes, Arantxa Sanchez Vicario, Ray Liotta, Ossie Davis, Keith Richards, Betty Grable, Brad Pitt, Paul Klee, Ty Cobb
- Broadcasting Timeline - Broadcasting Timeline 1897 K.F. Braun invents the cathode-ray tube. 1906 Reginald Fessenden invents ...