Octavio PazAge: 84
Nobel prize-winning poet and essayist, considered by many to be one of the greatest Latin American poets ever. Paz produced over 40 volumes of poetry and essays throughout his long career. Although his political conservatism often found him at odds with his intellectual peers, and at the center of some controversy, he remained a cultural icon.Died: April 19, 1998.
More on Octavio Paz from Infoplease:
- Paz: meaning and definitions - Paz: Definition and Pronunciation
- Octavio Paz - Paz, Octavio Paz, Octavio , 1914–98, Mexican poet and critic. A diplomat, he lived abroad ...
- Notable Books by Mexican and Mexican-American Authors - Notable Books by Mexican and Mexican-American Authors
- 1974 National Book Awards - 1974 National Book Awards Arts and Letters Deeper Into the Movies, Pauline Kael Biography Macaulay: ...
- March 31 Birthdays: Cesar Chavez - March 31 birthdays: Cesar Chavez , Octavio Paz, Johnson, Jack, Robert Wilhelm Bunsen, Nikolai Gogol, René Descartes, Franz Haydn, Albert Gore, Jr.