Derek H. R. BartonAge: 79
British scientist who won the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 1969. His discovery in chemical analysis was a key in research on new drugs and chemicals. Died: March 16, 1998.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Derek H R Barton from Infoplease:
- Barton: meaning and definitions - Barton: Definition and Pronunciation
- Derek H. R. Barton - Barton, Derek H. R. Barton, Derek H. R., 1918–98, British chemist, b. Gravesend, England, ...
- Odd Hassel - Hassel, Odd Hassel, Odd , 1897–1981, Norwegian chemist, b. Christiania (now Oslo), grad. Oslo ...
- Top News Stories from 1969 - News stories covering international, U.S., science, financial, entertainment & sports events from 1969. Includes basic U.S., world & economic statistics and links to detailed statistical data
- Nobel Prize for Chemistry - The following table lists every winner of the Nobel Prize in Chemistry, from 1901 through this year.