Ungava Bay (ŭngˌgäˈvə, –gāˈ–) [key], inlet of the Atlantic Ocean, N Que., Canada, extending c.200 mi (320 km) S from Hudson Strait between the N Quebec mainland and the north tip of the Labrador peninsula. It is 160 mi (257 km) wide at its mouth.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Ungava Bay from Infoplease:
- Ungava Bay: meaning and definitions - Ungava Bay: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/ungava bay - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Kuujjuaq - Kuujjuaq Kuujjuaq , village (1991 pop. 1,405), N Que., Canada, on the Koksoak River near its mouth ...
- George - George George, river, c.345 mi (560 km) long, rising in a lake on the Quebec-Labrador boundary, E ...
- Caniapiscau - Caniapiscau Caniapiscau , river, c.575 mi (930 km) long, issuing from Caniapiscau Lake, NE Que., ...