Transjordan or Transjordania: see Jordan.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Transjordan from Infoplease:
- Transjordan: meaning and definitions - Transjordan: Definition and Pronunciation
- Jordan: meaning and definitions - Jordan: Definition and Pronunciation
- Canaan - Canaan Canaan . 1. According to biblical ethnography, Canaan was the son of Ham and the ancestor ...
- Aqaba - Aqaba Aqaba , town (1996 est. pop. 52,000), SW Jordan, at the head of the Gulf of Aqaba, on the ...
- Abdullah I - Abdullah I Abdullah I (Abdullah ibn Husayn), 1882–1951, king of Jordan (1946–51), b. ...