Simbirsk: see Ulyanovsk, Russia.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Simbirsk from Infoplease:
- Ulyanovsk - Ulyanovsk Ulyanovsk , city (1989 pop. 625,000), capital of Ulyanovsk region, W central European ...
- Simbirsk: meaning and definitions - Simbirsk: Definition and Pronunciation
- Ulyanovsk: meaning and definitions - Ulyanovsk: Definition and Pronunciation
- Stenka Razin - Razin, Stenka Razin, Stenka , d. 1671, Don Cossack leader, head of the peasant revolt of 1670. As ...
- Vladimir Ilyich Lenin: Early Life - Early Life Born Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov, at Simbirsk (later called Ulyanovsk in his honor), he was ...