Semipalatinsk, city, Kazakhstan: see Semey.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Semipalatinsk from Infoplease:
- Semey - Semey Semey or Semipalatinsk, city (1993 est. pop. 342,000), capital of Semey region, NE ...
- Semipalatinsk: meaning and definitions - Semipalatinsk: Definition and Pronunciation
- Kazakhstan - Information on Kazakhstan — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.
- Encyclopedia: CIS and Baltic Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning CIS and Baltic Political Geography.
- Kazakhstan - Kazakhstan Profile: People and History, Government and Political Conditions, Economy, Foreign Relations