San Remo (sän rĕˈmō) [key], city (1991 pop. 56,003), in Liguria, NW Italy, on the Ligurian Sea and on the Italian Riviera. It is a fashionable resort and gaming center and a major flower market.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on San Remo from Infoplease:
- Conference of San Remo - San Remo, Conference of San Remo, Conference of, 1920, meeting with the purpose of ratifying ...
- San Remo: meaning and definitions - San Remo: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/san remo - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Treaty of Sèvres - Sèvres, Treaty of Sèvres, Treaty of, 1920, peace treaty concluded after World War I ...
- Alexander Alekhine - Alekhine, Alexander Alekhine, Alexander , 1892–1946, Russian-French chess player, b. Moscow. ...