Pereira (pārāˈrä) [key], city (1993 pop. 348,023), capital of Risaralda dept., W central Colombia, in the upper Cauca valley. It is a major distribution center for coffee and cattle and has a small textile industry.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Pereira from Infoplease:
- Nun'Álvares Pereira - Pereira, Nun'Álvares Pereira, Nun'Álvares , 1360–1431, Portuguese hero, ...
- I. Rice Pereira - Pereira, I. Rice Pereira, I. Rice (Irene Rice Pereira), 1907–71, American painter, b. ...
- Transamerican Tower - Image of Transamerican Tower designed by William Pereira in 1972.
- Pereira: meaning and definitions - Pereira: Definition and Pronunciation
- pereira bark: meaning and definitions - pereira bark: Definition and Pronunciation