Orillia (ōrĭlˈēə) [key], town (1991 pop. 25,925), SE Ont., on Lake Couchiching. Manufactures include industrial machinery, household appliances, and industrial rubber products. It is also a summer resort. A monument to Champlain, erected in 1925, commemorates his explorations. Canadian humorist Stephen Leacock had a summer home there.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Orillia from Infoplease:
- Orillia: meaning and definitions - Orillia: Definition and Pronunciation
- Lake Simcoe - Simcoe, Lake Simcoe, Lake, 539 sq mi (1,396 sq km), S Ont., Canada, between Georgian Bay and Lake ...
- Duncan E. McKINLAY - Duncan E. McKINLAY (1862-1914) McKINLAY, Duncan E., a Representative from California; born in ...
- Lightfoot, Gordon - Lightfoot, Gordon singer, songwriter Birthplace: Orillia, Ont., Canada Born: 11/17/38 Information ...
- Encyclopedia: Canadian Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Canadian Political Geography.