Moskva (məskväˈ) [key], river, c.310 mi (500 km) long, rising in the hills W of Moscow, in central European Russia, and meandering generally E past Mozhaisk and Moscow to join the Oka River near Kolomna. It is connected with the upper Volga River at Dubna by the Moscow-Volga Canal (80 mi/130 km long).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Moskva from Infoplease:
- Moskva - Synopsis, rating, and other information
- Moskva: meaning and definitions - Moskva: Definition and Pronunciation
- Moscow: meaning and definitions - Moscow: Definition and Pronunciation
- Kolomna - Kolomna Kolomna , city (1990 pop. 163,000), central European Russia, at the confluence of the ...
- Mozhaisk - Mozhaisk Mozhaisk , city, W central European Russia, on the Moskva River. First mentioned in 1231, ...