Meurthe (mört) [key], river, c.105 mi (169 km) long, rising in the Vosges, NE France, and flowing NW past Lunéville to join the Moselle River just N of Nancy. Its very irregular level has necessitated an intricate system of controls.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Meurthe from Infoplease:
- Meurthe-et-Moselle: meaning and definitions - Meurthe-et-Moselle: Definition and Pronunciation
- Meurthe-et-Moselle - Meurthe-et-Moselle Meurthe-et-Moselle , department (1990 pop. 711,500), NE France, in Lorraine, ...
- Nancy: meaning and definitions - Nancy: Definition and Pronunciation
- Briey - Briey Briey , town, Meurthe-et-Moselle dept., in Lorraine, NE France. It is at the center of the ...
- Lunéville - Lunéville Lunéville , town (1990 pop. 22,393), Meurthe-et-Moselle dept., NE France, ...