Meurthe-et-Moselle (mörˌtāmôzĕlˈ) [key], department (1990 pop. 711,500), NE France, in Lorraine, bordering on Belgium and Luxembourg. Nancy is the capital.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Meurthe-et-Moselle from Infoplease:
- Meurthe-et-Moselle: meaning and definitions - Meurthe-et-Moselle: Definition and Pronunciation
- Nancy: meaning and definitions - Nancy: Definition and Pronunciation
- Briey - Briey Briey , town, Meurthe-et-Moselle dept., in Lorraine, NE France. It is at the center of the ...
- Lunéville - Lunéville Lunéville , town (1990 pop. 22,393), Meurthe-et-Moselle dept., NE France, ...
- Longwy - Longwy Longwy , town (1990 pop. 15,647), Meurthe-et-Moselle dept., NE France, near the Belgian and ...